Re: Sample Twofish message

1999-04-09 09:20:58
Uri Blumenthal <uri(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> writes:

IV length normally is equal to the block size. I see no reason to
divert from this.

Actually it is not the IV (which is always zero) but the random bytes
prepended to the plaintext.  However I think you are right and we
should agree to use an IV of the blocksize instead of 8.  The problem
with this is that an application needs to know the blocksize of all
possible algorithms to parse the packet - maybe it is better to change
it only if we specify a new version number of the packet, Hmmm...

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013