Re: processing of "speculative" key ids: MAY -> SHOULD¦MUST

2000-01-21 02:54:59
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, wolfgang(_at_)redtenbacher(_dot_)de wrote:

I vote for staying with the current wording. The suggested change

me too.

To be able to do automatic decryption of incoming mails, the
mail-server "knows" all secret key ids and their PGP passwords
(stored in secure memory, of course). It scans the incoming mail

How do you get the passphrases in the secure memory?  I see no way to
do this without manual operator action - and this prevents automatic
restart of machines after power failure etc.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013

     Boycott Amazon!  -  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html