Re: Return to MDC packet discussion

2000-04-10 02:30:45
On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Jon Callas wrote:

I have a question. Why not use one of the packet numbers reserved for
experimental use? That's why they're there. This use is experimental.

I thought we agreed on the the MAC extension so why not use regular
packet numbers.  We did this for Twofish as well.

However it is fine for me to use the experimental numbers.  But then we
should add some magic numbers to those packets, so that we don't run
into problems when another implemenation uses them for another
purpose.

If no one's going to use them, then why don't I just remove them from the
standard?

Please, don't do that.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                             OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             tel +49 211 239577-0