Re: PGP/MIME: Time for last call?

2000-05-12 08:16:53
On 2000-05-12 16:46:10 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

Synchronizing OpenPGP-MIME with these developments is
not very complicated, but I think the benifit of having
a micalg parameter is even too small for that.

Please note that the draft text already solves this:

| The "micalg" parameter for the "application/pgp-signature"
| protocol MUST contain exactly one hash-symbol of the
| format "pgp-<hash- symbol>", where <hash-symbol>
| identifies the Message Integrity Check (MIC) algorithm
| used to generate the signature. Hash-symbols are
| constructed from the text names registered in [1] or
| according to the mechanism defined in that document by
| converting the text name to lower case and prefixing it
| with the four characters "pgp-".

Ian: I'll come back to the issue you raised later.  I'll
have to check some things in 1847 for this.

--
http://www.guug.de/~roessler/