Re: KeyID as left vs right substring of fingerprint

2000-05-26 08:52:30
* hal(_at_)finney(_dot_)org wrote:
[Problem of retrieving]
However, in the circumstances above where this arises, we don't know
the key's version number.  We have only the algorithm id and the keyid.
So we can't base the decision on anything other than the algorithm id.

So I urge to keep the current mechanism. Key IDs may expand to the left.

Or of course we could leave it as it is now.  I am still not convinced
that the universe is constructed such that left substrings are inherently
more natural than right ones.  Endian wars, anyone?

Exactly. Keep it or run in trouble.