Re: KeyID as left vs right substring of fingerprint

2000-06-22 23:01:20
On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 01:37:49PM -0700, L. Sassaman wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Bodo Moeller wrote:
L. Sassaman <rabbi(_at_)quickie(_dot_)net>:

[...]  Expanding from the right is less natural to users whose language
reads from left to right, in my opinion.

Have you used a telephone lately?

That's a non sequitor if I have ever seen one...

Dialing certain postfixes of a given phone number can work, dialing
any prefix won't.  That is, phone numbers expand from the right.
I haven't yet heard of anyone complaing about this on the grounds that
thear language reads from left to right.