Re: V4 Sig. incomplete?

2000-07-13 00:02:08
Hal,

Nearly there (I think)...just need to clarify what you have said:

At 11:36 PM 12/07/2000 -0700, hal(_at_)finney(_dot_)org wrote:

Yes, this all looks fine now.  The one thing I'd add is that there is no
need to parse out the key and subkey packets as you have done.  After the
0x99 and two-octet length, you just hash the key or subkey packet body.
The specific contents of the key/subkey packet are irrelevant to the
signature algotihm, it's just data to feed the hash.

So you're saying that (1) is OK, however in the case of 2), it would be best to structure it this way:

header data

0x99                                                   |
2 octet length                                       |

public ElGamal keys

0x04 (version)                                      |
4 octet time                                         |
0x10 (for ElGamal enc. algorithm)         |
MPI of ElGamal prime p                       |
MPI of ElGamal group generator g         |
MPI of ElGamal public key value y        |

signature trailer

version field to end of hashable data      |

V4 signature trailer

0x04                                                  |
0xFF                                                 |
4 octet length                                       |

I hope this is OK...or did I totally misunderstand your response?

Thanks :)

Regards

Erron Criddle
Comasp Ltd.