Re: dash escaped text and cleartext sig. q

2000-07-25 09:41:40
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 03:45:52PM +0800, Erron Criddle wrote:
Tom,

At 11:27 AM 20/07/2000 -0400, Tom Zerucha <tz(_at_)execpc(_dot_)com> wrote:

My opgp will insert the extra dashes on any line beginning with a dash
(and hash the thus escaped text).

OOPS! I was wrong...

I have just read 7.1, paragraph 2 and it states "...The message digest is
computed using the cleartext itself, not the dash escaped form."

I should have looked at my code more carefully.  I insert a
dash/space, but I call my text line canonicalizer which strips it.

You say "(and hash the thus escaped text)", however they say different...

What way is the right way - to hash the dash escaped text or not?

Also, does the receiver of a dash-escaped email receive text as "-

Good question..

I think they are supposed to receive:

But my implementation doesn't do this, though it probably should