Re: Another draft is going out

2000-10-12 02:19:30
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Jon Callas wrote:

I don't think that tying MDC and big blocks is a good idea -- in the spec.

The idea established at the time we introduced Twofish and talked
about MDC.  I suggested to wait with Twofish until we worked out the
MDC stuff.  Anyway, the specs are getting more and more complex, so
we better don't do what I suggested.

If you want to limit use more, I have a suggestion: we put in a "feature"
of 128-bit-block ciphers. That way you can declare whether you use them or

Too complicated.  We already have the preferences and issue a
warning when a received message is not encrypted by an algorithm
listed in the preferences.  So we can have the same effect by
setting up the preferences right and issue a warning when the MUST
algorithm 3DES has been used without MDC.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                             GnuPG key:  621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             http://www.OpenIT.de