signing & authentication sequences

2000-11-10 00:29:48
To all,

Just wondering if there's a reference anywhere regarding the checking of signing keys when authenticating a signature (and for that matter when creating a signature), regarding expiry dates, revocation signatures (the validity of the same) etc etc.

I thought this would be an implementation issue however I think that the Open PGP standard needs to lay down the rules regarding the sequence of events that need to take place when signing and authenticating a signature.

I have come up with a sequence of events that need to be checked if one is needed.

Regards

Erron Criddle
Comasp Ltd.
Level 2, 45 Stirling Hwy