Re: Finalizing OpenPGP/MIME?

2001-02-12 04:02:30
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Kazu Yamamoto wrote:

From: Thomas Roessler <roessler(_at_)does-not-exist(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: Finalizing OpenPGP/MIME?

Introducing a wildcard value would make one-pass processing
impossible, and thus break basic design principles.  I.e., I'd

I would not say impossible but somewhat slower because you have to
hash the digest with all know hash algorithms.

Would you explain what "one-pass processing" means in your
terminology? And tell me which software does provide such a feature

joe(_at_)bar$ nc -lp 4711 | mime-processing-pgm | viewer-or-whatever

joe(_at_)foo$ nc bar 4711 <large_signed_message

I am not sure whether this is a real life setup.  Sending large
messages MIME encoded is not that effective.   Most software creates
and parses MIME message in memory or uses temporary files.

--
Werner Koch
<wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org>