Re: Czech attack to PGP

2001-03-22 12:39:09
hal(_at_)finney(_dot_)org writes:

Do we need to define a new packet format, V5 for keys?

A V5 key format could address the protocol error with key expiration,
too.

Or could we keep the old format number and use the length difference
of a 20-byte HMAC vs a 2-byte checksum to recognize which one is
being used?

Hmm.  What about introducing a new secret key packet with a hash
instead of a checksum? This approach seems to be much cleaner, and it
doesn't cause surprising problems for the end user.

--
Florian Weimer
Florian(_dot_)Weimer(_at_)RUS(_dot_)Uni-Stuttgart(_dot_)DE