RE: Java Implementation

2001-04-07 07:46:17
Actually, we do implement PGP/MIME where we can. Naturally, it requires
access to the mail headers, and not all mail apps give plug-ins that kind of
control. Unfortunately, out of all the plug-ins we currently have, only the
Eudora plug-in is able to both create and interpret PGP/MIME.

- Damon Gallaty

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-openpgp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-openpgp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of
sbs(_at_)hushmail(_dot_)com
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 6:13 AM
To: ietf-openpgp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Java Implementation

Since the toolkit is intended for use with the same key servers that are
used for HushMail.com, our standard licensing is on a per-key-registered
basis.  I'm sure we could work something out for use outside that context.

It is fully compliant with 2440, but some of the "SHOULD"
algorithms aren't
packaged with it at this point.  Our approach to MIME is
initially not standard,
 because, among other things, we wanted interoperability with the Network
Associates PGP users, and Network Associates PGP doesn't seem to
implement
PGP/MIME, even though there's a checkbox for it?!?

Get in touch with me off the list, let me know what your specific
requirements
are, and we'll see what we can work out.

Thanks,
Brian

At Sat, 7 Apr 2001 10:11:26 +0000 (GMT+01:00), sbs(_at_)hushmail(_dot_)com