Re: Glitch in section 3.2

2001-05-02 10:26:33
On Wed, 2 May 2001, Florian Weimer wrote:

I think it's worthwhile to point out that MPIs with an arbitrary
number of leading zeroes might legitimately occur inside V3 secret key
packets.  Perhaps it's even necessary to amend section 5.5.3 to

I don't think we should bloat the RFC with hints on how to implement
stuff needed for legacy keys.  OpenPGP is already large enough.

(As you might guess, there's at least one implementations which gets
this wrong. ;-)

At least the last versions of GnuPG got it wrong.

  Werner