[today] New draft for IANA considerations change

2001-07-19 02:30:32
I'll submit a version with the following IANA considerations section at 1900 GMT, today. Please raise any objections NOW.

Changes:

- asc and sig are given as extensions for application/pgp-signature
- no Macintosh file type is given for application/pgp-keys

This version is based on a conversation with Werner Koch. I have received no further feed-back from NAI.

9.  IANA Considerations

  This document defines three media types: "application/pgp-encrypted",
  "application/pgp-signature" and "application/pgp-keys". The following
  sections specify the IANA registrations for these types.

9.1.  Registration of the application/pgp-encrypted media type

  MIME media type name: application
  MIME subtype name: pgp-encrypted
  Required parameters: none
  Optional parameters: none

  Encoding considerations:

     Currently this media type always consists of a single 7bit text
     string.

  Security considerations:

     See Section 8 and RFC 2440 Section 13.

  Interoperability considerations: none

  Published specification:

     This document.

  Additional information:

     Magic number(s): none
     File extension(s): none
     Macintosh File Type Code(s): none

  Person & email address to contact for further information:

     Michael Elkins
     Email: me(_at_)cs(_dot_)hmc(_dot_)edu

  Intended usage: common

  Author/Change controller:

     Michael Elkins
     Email: me(_at_)cs(_dot_)hmc(_dot_)edu

9.2.  Registration of the application/pgp-signature media type

  MIME media type name: application
  MIME subtype name: pgp-signature
  Required parameters: none
  Optional parameters: none

  Encoding considerations:

     The content of this media type always consists of 7bit text.

  Security considerations:

     See Section 8 and RFC 2440 Section 13.

  Interoperability considerations: none

  Published specification:

     RFC 2440 and this document.

  Additional information:

     Magic number(s): none
     File extension(s): asc, sig
     Macintosh File Type Code(s): pgDS

  Person & email address to contact for further information:

     Michael Elkins
     Email: me(_at_)cs(_dot_)hmc(_dot_)edu

  Intended usage: common

  Author/Change controller:

     Michael Elkins
     Email: me(_at_)cs(_dot_)hmc(_dot_)edu

9.3.  Registration of the application/pgp-keys media type

  MIME media type name: application
  MIME subtype name: pgp-keys

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/