Replacement Key

2001-08-28 08:27:29

I welcome any comment on the replacement key draft that just got
posted.

The point, in case you haven't seen the draft yet, is a way for a user
to specify the key that replaces a revoked or expired key.  General
purpose implementations can use this information to use the new key
(presumably with a warning) if a user requests the old one.  It would
also be useful to automatically fetch the new key from keyservers.

Keyservers could use this to present the proper key (again, with a
warning) if an expired/revoked key is requested.

In particular I'd like to hear opinions on the variable sized
subpacket.  There are other variable sized subpackets in OpenPGP, but
I wonder if this one might not save us much.

David

--
David Shaw          |  Technical Lead
<dshaw(_at_)akamai(_dot_)com>  |  Enterprise Content Delivery