RE: secure sign & encrypt

2002-05-20 16:34:13

Well, it is not only to add a new packet, but also add to
the user programs a check that if the packet is present in
the signature, the signature block should come from
decrypting a message with one the expected keys.

Clear signed messages should pose no user problems, because
the users generally understands that such the cryptographic
software will not give any confirmation of the origin of the
message.

The problem is that most users when they decrypt a message
that is signed, they will think they can be sure the signer
and the encrypter is the same person/entity.
It would be a major improvement in the OpenPGP specification
to allow applications to ensure that that really is the case.

Have you read the link
http://world.std.com/~dtd/sign_encrypt/sign_encrypt7.html

I really think it addresses a real problem.

--
Terje Bråten