Re: Why ECC?

2002-09-24 09:48:19

"Michael Young" <mwy-em9k(_at_)the-youngs(_dot_)org> writes:
At 03:18 AM 9/25/2002 +1200, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Because it already contains every algorithm anyone could think of anyway,
and a few more for implementors to ignore wouldn't matter?

I took Peter's comment as a joke, a jab at the load of things already there.

It was intended as a joke, although you have to be quite careful here because
these things tend to come true - PKIX is currently busy standardising something
which started as a joke by Bob Jueneman some years ago and which I suggested as
an April 1 RFC more recently.  Hmm, there's a thought:

<loudly>
Next thing you know I'll walk out the door and trip over the brand-new Sun
15K which someone left there for me.
</loudly>

Peter (ever hopeful).