Re: Trust Packets

2004-02-04 08:48:50

pgut001(_at_)cs(_dot_)auckland(_dot_)ac(_dot_)nz (Peter Gutmann) writes:

(The database contained the equivalent of ~2GB PGP keyrings worth of data,
although the machine had enough memory to store the entire database in RAM.)

Yeah, well that would help a bit :-).

I guess.  But it was the largest OpenPGP key database I could find; a
snapshot of the key ring from some global PGP key database (100 ~22GB
files, dated from 2002 or so -- if this sounds like it might have been
truncated I'd appreciate being informed).  So even if I agree the
database is small by todays RAM size standards, I don't believe it was
a toy database, so the data point can't be that irrelevant.  And I'd
also imagine someone building a serious production server have more
memory in their servers than a modern desktop PC like mine.  (For
reference, my database was PostgreSQL, I didn't apply any performance
tweaks.)

What we need is a way to embed those MPEG files in OpenPGP keys. :-)

Regards,
Simon