Re: Let's resolve the end-of-line and whitespace question

2004-02-20 15:59:25

Alternatively, if the WG has decided to define
UTF-8 whitespace and strip it from cleartext, is
that something that happened in Seoul?  Are there
notes on this?

Seoul hasn't happened yet. It happens in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to be there, so we'll all need an update of what gets discussed there.

Before then, however, I have a proposal:

How about if we remove any whitespace things, and just canonicalize line ends? It sounds like Unicode whitespace may be a huge can of worms. Alternatively, we could just say trim anything that's <= 0x20, which is a simple enough thing that solves some obvious attacks with backspacing and bare CRs to overstrike.

        Jon