Re: AW: Loading FR in CFB mode

2004-03-19 03:00:29

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:19:37 +0100, Weins, Thorsten said:

I have encountered this problem while trying to use a RSA-Key which has been
created using PGP 8.0 with our OpenPGP implementation. The secret key is
encrypted with AES256 and the IV which is part of the secret key packet is
only 8 Bytes long. How can the problem be handled?

That might be a bug in PGP.  You need to explictly track the length of
the IV like:

            switch( sk->protect.algo ) {
              case 7: case 8: case 9: /* reserved for AES */
              case 10: /* Twofish */
                sk->protect.ivlen = 16;
                break;
              default:
                sk->protect.ivlen = 8;
            }

IIRC, I once checked with Hal that Twofish worked for both GnuPG and
PGP.

  Werner