Re: [ISSUE] UTF8 literal packets proposal

2004-05-27 15:20:47

I already have it in the next release -- here's what I have:

---
If it is a 'b' (0x62), then the literal packet contains binary data. If it is a 't' (0x74), then it contains text data, and thus may need line ends converted to local form, or other text-mode changes. The tag 'u' (0x75) means the same as 't', but also indicates that implementation believes that the literal data contains UTF-8 text.
---

David said off-list that it was perfect (I intended to reply here, too), and did only to him. This is edited from that reply.

        Jon