Re: Timestamp and 3rd party sig

2005-02-17 00:30:30

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:12:51 +0100, Rick van Rein said:

A topic open for debate would be whether it may be assumed that "extra" or
"sufficient" effort has been taken to guard and/or synchronise the time
encapsulated.  In line with the intention of 0x10..0x13 I left this out

That would again put definitions of trust into the protocol.  OpenPGP
has always abstained from defining what trust is.

The term 'notary seal' is a bit confusing because the strength and
implications of such seals differ strongly between countries.

Ditto.

The term Third Party is used a lot for key escrow parties.  Is it an idea
to rename this to an "Independent Confirmation signature"?

Fine with me.

In 5.2.3.25, the definition of "Signature Target" is not very accurate.
Notably, it is not very strict about the contents being hashed.

I recall that we discussed this a long time ago but can't remember the
details anymore.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner