New Encrypted Data Packet?

2005-04-04 08:26:08

When the Mister-Zuccherato attack came out at the beginning of the year, one of the suggestions that we had was to re-do the encrypted data packet and MDC. It seems that there's not really a lot of consensus to fix it, that merely working around the problem seems to be adequate? Am I right in that perception? Do we want to upgrade it?

I still think it's a good idea, myself, particularly since if you want wide deployment of such a thing for the future getting on it now is a good idea. But I would also like to really close out 2440bis, too. (However, the two are not mutually exclusive. We could close out 2440bis and put the upgrades into a followon RFC.)

        Jon