Re: WGLC for draft-ietf-openpgp-openpgp-15 ends Oct 28 1700EDT // empty line

2005-10-14 06:29:05

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:42:05 -0700 Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org>
wrote:
On 12 Oct 2005, at 2:42 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:

I've only seen this in email, so I'm not actually sure whether
its
the PGP implementation or the MUA. I could gather version
strings
(for some instances) if that helps?

I'm happy to work merely with the anecdotal evidence that it
happens
a lot.

it's not the pgp implementations,

but it does happen 'always'
when generating a pdf that has a pgp message as an illustration

the pdf treats the empty line as 'whitespace'
rather than a 'line return'

and the pgp program trying to decrypt/verify the pdf example
is dealing with a functional omission of the empty line

this is true both in Adobe Writer (all versions through 6, anyway)
and PDFCreator

not a reason to change the standard,
just something to be aware of

a simple workaround when creating pdf's, is to manually add a colon
on the 'empty line' of the pgp message

this will render in pdf, and will be recognizable by all the pgp
implementations

vedaal