Re: -15 still not clear on signatures

2005-12-06 04:08:28

David Shaw wrote:
On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 02:04:11PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
I was working on my signing code and realised that some issues
previously discussed do not appear to be resolved in -15 (its possible
some of these are also new).

a) V4 signatures don't mention how one actually calculates the signature
- the text only appears for V3 signatures.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.  Isn't this stated in 5.2.4,
in the paragraph beginning "Once the data body is hashed" ?

No, that tells you how to calculate the hash, not what you do with it
once you have calculated it. That is, padding, encryption, etc.

Cheers,

Ben.

**  ApacheCon - Dec 10-14th - San Diego - http://apachecon.com/ **