Re: Outstanding question - rule on cleartext signing last line

2005-12-26 23:26:34

vedaal(_at_)hush(_dot_)com wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:32:13 -0800 "Daniel A. Nagy"
<nagydani(_at_)epointsystem(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 05:03:59PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:

I have just tested GPG yet again, and cleartext signatures of
two files,
one without a newline at the end, and one with, look identical:

test
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (FreeBSD)
Yepp, that's a bug in GPG and it does not follow from the spec. My
implementation does not do that. In my opinion, the correct
behavior would
be reversible.
The output of gpg --clearsign should be identical to that
converted from the
output of gpg -ts.

i really can't see any bug in gnupg about this

gnupg clearsigns exactly what the user gives it

if the user gives it text with no empty line after it,
then the signature block begins right after the text

if the user wants a blank line and includes the line return,
then gnupg signs after the empty line

Not the version I'm using, as I've already stated, and in any case, my
issue is with clarity in the I-D.