Re: NIST publishes new DSA draft

2006-03-15 04:57:52

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 04:29:10 -0500 (EST), Ian Grigg said:

Yes, it's a concern.  FTR, I agree with Hal that
we should seriously consider taking the draft out
of last call (dammit!) ... hopefully it won't take

I agree.

However, SHA-256 should not be a MUST but a SHOULD.  Otherwise many
OpenPGP applications won't be compliant anymore.  In particular
applications on small devices may only support the MUST algorithms.

A remark that this SHOULD will be changed to a MUST algorithm in the
future will help to explain that we really want SHA-256.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner