Re: Multiple OpenPGP messages per file: legal or not?

2007-10-08 06:24:01

Ben Laurie wrote:

I think this entirely misses the point - the question is not how
messages are stored/transmitted, but what an implementation should do
when some unit of storage/transmission contains more than one message.

It seems entirely reasonable to me that it should be expected to keep
eating messages until there are no messages left to eat, however the
spec does not state that. It seems to me that it could, quite easily.

Nope.

The decision you are asking for is a semantic one. I.e., what does it mean to have two messages? In a transactional environment, it would be the height of protocol rudeness for OpenPGP to impose a meaning on the messages. That decision lives firmly at the app level.

See also that other example in rejoinder to Rachel.

iang