Re: ECC in OpenPGP proposal

2008-03-04 13:39:29

Lots of questions! For me, the confusion is swirling around these questions:

The proposal in question is:

   (a) Suite B
   (b) ECC, and/or
   (c) mobile

Is it one of these?  All of them?  Two of them?

I would argue that (a) sounds good. When the NSA speaks, I listen. (normally it is the other way around...) I like their Suite B and would copy it exactly, word for word, no deviations.

(b) sounds less good, as this involves much more work (e.g., doing it properly) and would tempt me to say "wait for V5!" or "just listen to the NSA, guys."

(c) is something that should be done by the mobile guys, as Dani pointed out, there are special things that need to be considered.

One-size-fits-all will probably result in nobody being happy.

iang