Re: ECC in OpenPGP -00.txt is posted as a draft

2008-05-02 06:52:20

David,

"David Crick" <dacrick(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

 The discussions we had on pre-submission version of the specification can
continue with the draft.

The submitted version doesn't (yet) have mention of the
proposed (and generally, it seems, well-received notion of)
a StrictSuiteB flag / flags.  Discussions tailed off on this, but we
(still) need(ed) to give the whole interoperability thing a long
hard look, as per your last message on this topic.

Actually, it was not well received.  The "OpenPGP way" of doing this
is an application putting in the "accepted ciphers" into the public
key notation.  This document doesn't need to describe that because
it's already well documented in RFC 4880.

Using the notation packet also allows us to support different "Strict
Suites"..  If some other country wants their own stuff in there we don't
need to extend anything; applications just set the appropriate
supported cipher list.  Et Voila, you've got your "flag".

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com