Re: DEADBEEF vs SHA1

2011-02-18 15:20:35

On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:29 PM, Jon Callas wrote:

There are a number of ways to deal with this. For example, I could have a
copy of PGP 2.6.3 lying around and use that to decrypt my old things. That's
only a mild inconvenience. Similarly, PGP or GnuPG could keep v3 keys around
*as* *software* for such archival purposes. It might even make sense from a
user experience aspect to have them in historic keyrings that are not in
one's face every day.

Right, a historic keyring is the sort of thing I'm envisioning, along with some
sort of application knob to use it ("click here to enable V3 keys" or
"--enable-v3-keys") or not ("--disable-v3-keys").

David