[openpgp] Offline key flag (was Re: marking subkeys as constrained for specific use -- new key usage flags?)

2013-03-05 10:31:21
On Mar 5, 2013, at 10:55 AM, Werner Koch <wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org> wrote:

While we are at it: What about using 0x40 of the first octet to indicate
that the private component of the key is stored on offline medium?  That
"offline key" would nicely go with "split key" (0x10) and "group key"
(0x80).  OTR may then go into the second octet.

Can you give an example why would someone want to publish that their private
key is offline?  I'm not sure I see a use for that.

David