Re: [openpgp] SHA-2 support should be mandatory – change defaults

2014-08-11 03:16:46
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 19:57, chris(_dot_)privat(_at_)genodeftest(_dot_)de said:

3. Replace DSA as default public-key algorithm (since it relies on good
random which is often not available/ensured) by RSA.

You mean the random K value commonly used for signatures?  GnuPG has
replaced that by the RFC-6979 method.  I don't know how other
implementations handles this.

Anyway, I assume that it is now common understanding that a v5 key
format will suggest the use of ECC algorithms using modern curves.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner