Re: [openpgp] OpenPGP Notation Registry: what is the "Type" field?

2014-08-16 19:24:36
On Aug 16, 2014, at 8:09 PM, Derek Atkins <derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to register some notations with IANA and trying to figure
out what the "Type" is supposed to be used for.  Is that the
"description" of the tag? Or is it supposed to be how to interpret the
data string?  Alas, RFC 4880 doesn't actually say what the type is
supposed to be, and I don't remember myself.

My understanding is that the type is indeed a description of the notation.

David