Re: [openpgp] Fingerprints

2015-04-20 10:35:21
Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo(_at_)scientia(_dot_)net> writes:

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 11:17 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
 * what material gets digested; at a minmum, this is:
    - the algorithm for the key (incl. any parameters)
    - public key values (mpi's, bitstrings)
      it's not clear to me that there is any advantage to adding
      anything else here.

I still believe that the creation time (and key expiration time, if it
exists) should be included.

I think the same accounts for the key usage flags. Or actually, we
should perhaps make primary keys to be generally certifying-only keys.

I generally agree with this, modulo what I have written in
draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates that allows encryption-only
primary keys.

And specifying a expiration time (even if it's 0) should be mandatory.

Cheers.

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com