Re: [openpgp] Opening up the debate on PKI / WoT / future of OpenPGP

2015-04-24 14:09:10
Okay, turning off my smartass mode for a moment.

PGP does this. By the way, PGP is registered trademark owned by Symantec. They
presently call that software "Symantec Endpoint Encryption" and "Symantec
Encryption Management Server" but that's PGP.

OpenPGP is an IETF standard for describing crypto syntax and protocols.

X.509 and OpenPGP are isomorphic to each other. You can do anything in one of
them that you can do in the other. If you take an OpenPGP key, you can express
the same thing with a set of X.509 certificates. It works. We did it. PGP does
OpenPGP, X.509, CMS and S/MIME.

You can do it. You just have to want to.

        Jon