Re: [openpgp] Second draft of the charter

2015-06-10 15:50:06
On Tue 2015-06-09 09:34:00 -0400, Simon Josefsson wrote:
"Christopher LILJENSTOLPE" <ietf(_at_)cdl(_dot_)asgaard(_dot_)org> writes:

* inclusion of the CFRG elliptic curves

Is this for ECDH only?  That's the only thing they have made a
determination on so far.  Or do you mean signature algorithm too?

I suggest to say "inclusion of newer elliptic curves and/or signature
algorithms" to be complete and still not limited.

I think "elliptic curves" on its own should be able to cover both DH and
signature work.  If we really feel that the current language is
insufficiently inclusive, we should make it:

 * inclusion of the CFRG elliptic curves for encryption and/or signatures

but i don't think such a change is necessary, personally.

   --dkg