Re: [openpgp] New fingerprint: to v5 or not to v5

2015-10-12 09:46:13
On Thu,  8 Oct 2015 17:52, pgut001(_at_)cs(_dot_)auckland(_dot_)ac(_dot_)nz

There's no bug in the software, someone took the key (that's the key data, not
a complete copy of the original keyring packets with their signatures) and
wrote it out to a new keyring with a new date.  Same key, same userID,

Which is a freature in my book.  People have done this for X.509 keys a
lot (although I heard that Mozilla now complains about using a new X.509
certificate with key material known from another certificate).

openpgp mailing list