[openpgp] Invitation to 3rd OpenPGP Email Summit, July 9/10, Dreieich near Frankfurt

2016-05-08 09:58:14
Hi all,

in 2015 we had two OpenPGP Email Summits.
These are meetings by the technical experts of projects and tools
dealing with OpenPGP with a focus on email encryption
with the goal to getting to know each other personally
and discuss and work on several technical issues.
For details, see
  https://wiki.gnupg.org/OpenPGPEmailSummits

I am happy now to announce a 3rd OpenPGP Meeting on
- Saturday, July 9 til Sunday, July 10, 2016
- in Dreieich near Frankfurt (Germany).

This is an event open for anybody involved in the development
of email clients using OpenPGP for encryption.

NOTE:
=====
This is a meeting of those who program and develop the corresponding
software.
Thus, we will have a lot of tech talk about key servers, key exchange,
subject encryption, password recovery, etc.
If you just are interested in these email program as a user,
you probably will be bored to death  .

Thus, if you are working in the area of
- TECHNICAL DETAILS
- for SENDING ENCRYPTED EMAILS
- with OPEN PGP
- in a project or product
feel free to join us.
Note however, that due to capacity reasons we don't want to have more
than 2 guys from each project and we can accept requests only
until we have reached the limit of 30 attendees.

If you want to attend, please
SEND AN INFORMAL EMAIL to:
 nico(_at_)enigmail(_dot_)net
Ideally with some description of your role in this area.
That way you will get further details such as the location and hotel
informations.

Note that this is still neither a well-organized conference
nor a commercial meeting.
The only goal I have is to give the different people
and projects working in this area an opportunity to meet and build
some kind of community to become more effective.
It's simple the reaction of that far too many people told me
 "we should meet with all the other people/projects one day".
I organize the date and some rooms and will manage a bit the
two days that we stay productive.
And it is not meant as competition to other places to
meet, discuss, and standardize. Just an opportunity, where
the people/projects of the first summit agreed that this helps a lot.

Best
  Nico

--
Nicolai M. Josuttis