Re: [openpgp] Issuer Fingerprint

2016-06-14 12:21:44
On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 18:29, dkg(_at_)fifthhorseman(_dot_)net said:

replace" ?  something like "If an Issuer subpacket is included in the
same packet as an Issuer Fingerprint subpacket, the Issuer Fingerprint
subpacket MUST be version 4, and the Issuer subpacket MUST be the low 64

I considered this but decided against it because I view the Issuer
Fingerprint as an extension to OpenPGP which is independent of any v5
work we will do.  It seem more naturally to me to add this along with the
description of the v5 format.

However, if we want to prepare Issuer and this new Issuer Fingerprint
for v5 keys, we can also use the final text.

I'll post a second version based on your idea.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

    /* EFH in Erkrath: https://alt-hochdahl.de/haus */