Re: [openpgp] Using Git for RFC 4880bis

2016-06-27 12:53:19
Hi Tom--

On Sun 2016-06-26 22:36:03 -0400, Tom Ritter wrote:
Can we use the Issues tracker (either in Gitlab or the IETF tools, but
not both) to note what changes are outstanding (but encourage people
to send the text proposals to the list)?

Yes.  I think we should use the gitlab issues tracker, not the IETF
tools, for the sake of simplicity.  I'll see what i can do about
adjusting the IETF tools issue tracker to indicate that the gitlab
issues tracker is the place to use.

As you say, actual discussion should take place on this list.

It would be helpful to have some sort of list of outstanding changes
we have rough consensus to make but lack text proposals.  For example,
using a real authenticated mode instead of the MDC is a definite.  I'm
not sure if a streaming-friendly mode there is consensus for, but it
could be noted as 'under discussion' or something.

agreed.  If folks want to document specific outstanding changes please
feel free to open them as gitlab issues.  If the chairs judge there is
no consensus for a specific outstanding change after discussion, we
might go ahead and close the corresponding issue.

      --dkg