Re: [openpgp] Can the OpenPGP vs. S/MIME situation be fixed?

2016-07-01 13:28:08
Just a note to add that the way to get OpenPGP to work with S/MIME would be
for experts to get together and write drafts proposing a way to do it. If
we have drafts that have support from experts in both camps then getting
them through IETF process should not be a roadblock.

We don't need to charter or recharter before starting that type of work. We
only need to charter before we adopt it somewhere as a working group item.
The precondition for that being 'do you have a plan'.