Re: [openpgp] On Signed-Only Mails

2016-11-29 03:59:00
On 11/29/2016 10:18 AM, Vincent Breitmoser wrote:
In some more detail:
https://k9mail.github.io/2016/11/24/OpenPGP-Considerations-Part-I.html

I received positive as well as negative feedback about this, and I'd
love to hear more thoughts about it

Confidentiality is not a requirement for a number of my use cases, but
integrity control (including authentication) is. Clearsigned messages
can make archiving easier, and allow for sharing of information across
groups, while still maintaining it is in non-modified form from an
authorized party.

Incidentally I do request confirmation through signed media on a
context-dependent basis in the event of receiving non-signed email.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand