[openpgp] berlin mail encryption meetup Dec 14-18th / INBOME

2016-12-06 06:01:31
Hi all, (cross-post openpgp / messaging),

next week Dec 14-18th a diverse set of programmers, cryptographers and
researchers meet to move automatic mail encryption forward.  Their hackathon,
unconference and fun hangouts are going to happen at the Onion space in Berlin,
see here for more details: .  There
still is space.  Also feel free to just drop by in the evenings if you are
around Berlin.

The main focus of the 5-day meetup of currently ~15 people is on mail
encryption but some are also doing a sub session around federated low-latency
messaging on thursday afternoon, featuring Matthew from and Dominic
from among likely others.

You'll find within the meeting page this link to draft doc on
"in-band-opportunistic-mail-encryption" (INBOME)  I expect a lot of discussion and
clarification on its relation to key servers or Werner's web-key-directory
approach.  FWIW my personal INBOME involvement grew from my perception that
email providers seem not very inclined to operate "certifying" key servers and
that making automatic mail encryption efforts dependent on that may mean it
never really happens.

openpgp mailing list