[openpgp] Pull request for 8-octet lengths

2017-02-12 18:59:41
There was some question as to whether we should use four-octet or
eight-octet lengths for signatures (or some other technique), as one
might want to sign more the 2^32 bytes of data.  I've submitted a pull
request[0] to use eight-octet lengths for all signatures.

I don't think the overhead of hashing an additional four bytes for short
signatures will matter, and I feel that simply overflowing the existing
four-byte counter could potentially collision issues down the line.

Other opinions are welcomed.

[0] https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/merge_requests/1
+1 832 623 2791 | https://www.crustytoothpaste.net/~bmc | My opinion only