[openpgp] Very basic support for the AEAD proposal in GnuPG

2018-01-21 10:20:38
Hi!

I just pushed my first take on AEAD support for bulk data encryption to
GnuPG master.  Not well tested and only tested with OCB.  Fortunately
patches for EAX also landed in Libgcrypt master this weekend.  Thus
using libgcrypt from master with the lasted patches should allow for EAX
encryption as well (no need for --aead-algo in this case).

    This code has seen only a very few manual tests.  Encrypting always
    uses a 64k chunks and decryption has not been tested with larger
    chunks.  Those small chunks make debugging much faster.

    Tests can be done using:

      gpg --rfc4880bis --pinentry-mode=loopback --passphrase abc \
          --force-aead --aead-algo ocb --s2k-mode 0 --cipher AES \
          -v -z 0 --status-fd 2 -c <INFILE >OUTFILE

    and

      gpg --rfc4880bis --pinentry-mode=loopback --passphrase=abc \
          --status-fd 2 -v -d <INFILE >OUTFILE

Public key encryption should also work but I didn't test that yet.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner