Re: [openpgp] Overhauling User IDs / Standardizing User Attributes (was: Re: Scoped trust (signatures))

2018-06-29 07:55:58
Well, User IDs are not easier to work with than User Attributes.

Leo by "are not easier to work with" did you mean "User Attributes *could be* as easy to work with as UIDs" if you proposal was accepted *and* supported by most OpenPGP software?

I think the difference is quite significant (by what is working now vs hypothetical future).

If you mean they are easy to work with now do tell me what's that attribute for that I've got on my key (0x653909A2F0E37C106F5FAF546C8857E0D8E8F074):

  uid  [ultimate] Wiktor Kwapisiewicz <wiktor(_at_)metacode(_dot_)biz>
  uid  [ultimate] [unknown attribute of size 83]

I had a lot of questions about this attribute from other people, so it's not like attributes are currently "easy to work with" in my opinion.

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--
*/metacode/*