Re: [openpgp] A way to securely define cleartext signature charset

2018-09-11 06:01:45
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:50:11 PM CEST Vincent Breitmoser wrote:
A minor issue is that my Application might temporarily show the wrong
representation before the verification is done but I guess that is indeed
minor.

Cleartext signatures are typically short. Is there a reason for even showing
the
text before the signature is verified and the charset known?

In GnuPG we have the option "auto-key-retrieve" which I prefer to use. That
option will fetch an unknown  signing key from remote sources e.g. Keyserver
or WKD, which can take a while. But as I said, this is a minor issue.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/