Re: [openpgp] AEAD Chunk Size

2019-02-27 18:35:03
And this is a very reasonable approach. I support Jon’s take on this.

Thus, saying (e.g.) that the range MUST be between 1K and 16K is a bad idea; we
even know now that 256K has in some cases an efficiency advantage. You can say,
MUST support 1K to 16K, SHOULD support up to 256K and MAY support larger sizes.
There can also be a couple of paragraphs to explain that there are good reasons
neither to be very small nor very large.

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.